A crooked, unaligned smile can cause you to feel embarrassed or even cause trouble with your jaw or dental health. At Elegant Orthodontics, we offer Damon® system braces with metal and clear options to help patients achieve the radiant smile they have always wanted. Our services are available for patients of all ages, including adults that live in and around Brookline, Boston, Norwood, and Framingham, MA.
What are Damon® System Braces?
Unlike conventional braces, the Damon® system offers patients a revolutionary new way to achieve straighter teeth and an improved facial aesthetic. The certified Damon® orthodontic system works on three important factors to offer patients a high-quality experience:
- A shorter overall treatment time with fewer follow-up appointments.
- A virtually painless procedure that doesn’t require the use of ties or bands.
- Lightweight state-of-the-art technology that employs shape-memory wires to allow for better movement and fewer adjustments.
How Do Damon® System Braces Work?
The Damon® braces use a tie-less system to achieve straighter teeth, so they work a little differently than standard braces. Typically, metal or ceramic brackets are glued to the teeth, fitted with wire, and then held together with rubber or metal ties. With Damon® braces, the brackets are fitted to the teeth using unique brackets that operate on a slide mechanism. These unique brackets hold the wire comfortably in place, meaning those annoying ties are not required.
Do I Need Braces?
In our image-conscious society, smiles are regarded with importance and a healthy, straight smile is often the first step toward making a good impression. In fact, almost half of all people surveyed answered that a crooked smile can lead to a poor first impression. A crooked smile can also mean trouble for your overall dental health and the strength of your jaw. If you have crooked, poorly aligned teeth that affect the way you chew or are hard to clean and maintain, you may need braces. Typically, braces are recommended at a young age to help children go through life with a healthy smile, however, they can be fitted at almost any age.
What Damon® System Braces Do You Offer?
The most common style of braces is metal, though clear braces have become increasingly popular for teens and adults. Both Damon® Metal Braces and Damon® Clear™ Braces are available for patients of all ages with a variety of orthodontic needs.
- Damon® Metal Braces – Available in two different styles of metal, polycarbonate or stainless steel, our metal braces are an excellent choice for patients who prefer to opt for the traditional metal appearance without having to suffer through the pain of bands and ties. These use a slide mechanism to tighten the brackets, which is intended to reduce discomfort and allow for a more effective straightening procedure.
- Damon® Clear™ Braces – For those who desire less visible braces or simply prefer the style of transparent brackets, we offer Damon® Clear™ braces. They are made of a ceramic material and perform just as well as the metal style, without any uncomfortable ties or elastics. Plus, they offer a more comfortable solution to crooked teeth than conventional braces.
Do Damon® System Braces Hurt?
The Damon® braces are revolutionary because they offer a more comfortable approach to straightening teeth. Traditional braces use painful ties and typically require uncomfortable tightening appointments and a notoriously difficult adjusting period. The Damon® system of braces helps patients avoid this with painless brackets that rely on a sliding function to tighten wires.
How Much Do Braces Cost?
Just like all dental and orthodontic care, the final cost of treatment will vary based on your unique needs and any accompanying services that you may require to achieve the ultimate goal: beautiful, healthy, straight teeth. During your consultation with Dr. Baloul, we will discuss the various Damon® system braces we offer and what is the best choice of treatment for you.
Am I A Good Candidate for Braces?
Are you struggling with overcrowded or crooked teeth? Do you have large gaps in your teeth that you would like to correct? If so, you may be an ideal candidate for braces. Patients who opt for Damon® braces are typically looking to shorten their treatment time as well as avoid painful wiring and uncomfortable follow-up appointments.
Dr. Susan Baloul, DMD, MS, DScD, is a dual-trained specialist in orthodontics and periodontics who leads the expert team at Elegant Orthodontics. Our facility is located in Boston, MA and seeks to treat residents of Norwood, Brookline, and Framingham, MA, who are struggling with orthodontic issues and are considering braces. Contact our office today to schedule your complimentary consultation.